Families can affect who we are and who we become, both for the better and for worse. We learn our vocabulary, our habits, coping skills, our customs and rituals, and how to view and observe the world around us.
10 Free sessions for families with minor children in Dallas and Denton counties. Focus is on short term child centered goals.
Anyone seeking healthier, closer family relationships can benefit from family therapy.
Common reasons for seeking family therapy include:
- Parent-child conflict
- Problems between siblings
- Domestic violence
- The unexpected or traumatic loss of a family member
Family therapy can address family issues and help heal a family ruptures. If any of the above scenarios resonate with your family, consider seeking family therapy. Family therapy can be beneficial on many different levels.
Some positive family therapy outcomes include:
- Strategies to develop and maintain boundaries
- Fostered sense of cohesion and communication among family members
- Promotes problem-solving through an understanding of family patterns and dynamics
- Builds empathy and understanding.
- Reduces family conflict
Studies show that family therapy is particularly important for families with members who struggle with substance abuse, eating disorders and other behavioral issues. When the whole family grows, each member can improve.